Zamexen is an inhibitor of free radical processes, a membrane protector, exhibits antihypoxic, stress protective, nootropic, anticonvulsant and anxiolytic effects. The drug increases the body’s resistance to the effects of various damaging factors, oxygen-dependent pathological conditions (shock, hypoxia and ischemia, cerebrovascular accident, alcohol intoxication and antipsychotic drugs (antipsychotics)).
Zamexen improves cerebral metabolism and blood supply to the brain, improves microcirculation and rheological properties of blood, and reduces platelet aggregation. It stabilizes the membrane structures of blood cells (red blood cells and platelets) during hemolysis. It has a lipid-lowering effect, reduces the content of total cholesterol and low density lipoproteins (LDL). Reduces enzymatic toxemia and endogenous intoxication in acute pancreatitis.
The mechanism of action of the drug is due to its antioxidant and membrane-protective action. It inhibits lipid peroxidation, increases the activity of superoxide dismutase, increases the ratio of lipid-protein, reduces the viscosity of the membrane, increases its fluidity. It modulates the activity of membrane-bound enzymes (calcium-independent phosphodiesterase, adenylate cyclase, acetylcholinesterase), receptor complexes (benzodiazepine, gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), acetylcholine), which enhances their functional and biomedical metabolism transmission. Zamexen increases the content of dopamine in the brain. It causes an increase in the compensatory activation of aerobic glycolysis and a decrease in the degree of suppression of oxidative processes in the Krebs cycle under hypoxia with an increase in the content of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) and creatine phosphate, activation of the energy-synthesizing functions of mitochondria, stabilization of cell membranes.
Zamexen normalizes metabolic processes in the ischemic myocardium, reduces the necrosis zone, restores and improves the electrical activity and contractility of the myocardium, and also increases coronary blood flow in the ischemic zone, reduces the effects of reperfusion syndrome in acute coronary insufficiency. Increases antianginal activity of nitro drugs. Zamexen contributes to the preservation of ganglion cells of the retina and fibers of the optic nerve with progressive neuropathy, the consequences of which are chronic ischemia and hypoxia. Improves the functional activity of the retina and optic nerve, increases visual acuity.
- Acute cerebrovascular accident;
- traumatic brain injury, consequences of traumatic brain injury;
- mild cognitive impairment of atherosclerotic origin;
- anxiety disorders in neurotic and neurosis-like conditions;
- acute myocardial infarction (from the first day) as part of complex therapy;
- primary open-angle glaucoma of various stages as part of complex therapy;
- relief of withdrawal symptoms in alcoholism with a predominance of neurosis-like and autonomic-vascular disorders;
- acute intoxication with antipsychotic drugs;
- acute purulent-inflammatory processes in the abdominal cavity (acute necrotic pancreatitis, peritonitis) as part of complex therapy.